Thursday, November 19, 2009

Poet friends

Photos from my recent trip:



Group-portrait--Chicago
It's been three weeks and I can't identify everybody, I'm sorry, but, from left to right, as taken at the Flat Iron in Chicago: Gabriel Gudding, ?, Kristin Dystra, Daniel Borzutzky, Larry Sawyer, ?, Brooks Johnson, Gene Tanta and ?.





Hoa-Nguyen-and-Dale-Smith--Austin
Hoa Nguyen and Dale Smith at home in Austin, TX.





Linh-Dinh-and-Angela-Genusa--San-Marcos
Angela Genusa and I at the Newton Gang's Getaway Saloon, San Marcos, TX, as taken by Dale Smith.





Linh-Dinh-and-Anne-Boyer,-as-taken-by-Cara-LeFebvre--Overland-Park
Anne Boyer and I at the Red Balloon in Overland Park, KS, as taken by Cara Lefebvre.








Charles-Alexander--Tucson
Charles Alexander at home in Tucson, AZ, on Halloween night.







.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Great memories! Maybe next on your next trip I won't be so hypothyroidic! It was a lot of fun, not to mention a great poetry reading and photography lecture.

jay said...

hey linh, you look like you're having great fun! more power to you.

Linh Dinh said...

Yo Jay,

It was a crazy trip and I got a little sloppy towards the end. Was nearly stranded in Raton, NM, of all places, when the train left as I was trying to photograph some stupid sign on a tree. Had to bang on a window for it to stop. Then I found myself wandering through the darkened streets of Hutchinson, KS with some drughead at 4AM. Extremely stupid.

In KC, I talked at the Art Institute and hung out with some art students...

jay said...

some of that stupid stuff blossoms and some of it just stays fucking stupid. if it doesn't kill you it's good for you, until you realize how slow death can be. i'll send some pics of new digs and stuff soon. love ya linh. bye

Followers

Bouncer, Janus, Bellhop